OK...I can't believe how much fun we had at Utah! I also can't believe how great JoJuan can ski! Shocker to her big sister but she is really getting good..though it doesn't hurt to live so close to the best ski resort ever! So props to JoJuan and Gregg who put together a ski family outing so perfectly that it is literally no stress and no work. They make us park a "mini coop" distance apart from them and then at lunch they pull out camping tables and chairs and they serve a full course meal--including hot chocolate and cookies as desert. We eat everything they have and then we pack it all up in five minutes, replace the removed gear and head back to the slopes. Here are some fun moments:
1.) Connor learning his turns...he's not just snowplowing it down the mountain anymore!
2.) Connor skiing in the trees!
3.) Colin learning the lifts by himself
4.) Colin going down any mountain in front of him...(Uncle Gregg did have to save him once though as Aunt JoJuan and Connor looked on in fear and fascination)
5.) Regan teaching my kids the slopes at Solitude and Alta
6.) Jaden helping Aunt Krista at Solitude since I was with Kaya and all the other kids left me in the powder. Jaden stayed with me so I wouldn't lose my way..so sweet!
7.) Aevan and Bryce putting me to shame as they sped down the mountain. Check out JoJuan's blog if she updates it!
8.) Kaya refusing to let anyone but me ski down with her but JoJuan gave me three runs down Solitude...dear, dear sister. Poor Kaya had a fever and cold but she still skied half the day with me our first day. At Alta...she skied all day and was trying to put her own ski's on without any help. She thought she was a pro but my legs tell a different story after snowplowing all day with Kaya and the hula hoop!
9.) Bryan's ski boots not arriving until Tuesday instead of Friday as promised by the USPS.
10.) Having a pool party with water slides and whirlpools. My kids can't decide which day was the perfect day!
PS...got to say that Gregg's brother in law really hooked us up and made the whole vacation better with all the free ski passes and rentals. It's good to know a co-owner of Ski n See!



2 comments:
I don't know if you'll see this before you come home, but I miss you guys? Really! Weird. It looks like all the kids both young and old had a great time! I look forward to the stories from the kids.
You'll need more cat food BTW.
What a fun vacation! I love all the action shots of the kids. And of course the group shot. Jaden is a giant now. I almost did not recognize her.
Post a Comment