Sunday, March 14, 2010

Meet Great Grampie










Steve came up this week-end to visit his Dad, Bob, so we all headed to Scott and Sue's for a family feast and some typical antics. We were having a hard time rounding up the kids for a group picture so I thought I would tell them they could all swim in Scott and Sue's new pond in the front yard. (Wind storm has quickly been replaced by rain and serious flooding) It got them all together but I thought they would take one look and not want to go into the freezing water but I underestimated their desire for adventure. Swimming suits were pulled out and they were ready to jump right in. I let Sue be the bad guy and squelch their eager plans. So...some grumpy, and knowingly tricked kids were then forced to pose in the pictures. I hope Sue got some better shots because NONE of my pictures had everyone looking at the same time. Still priceless and worth all the drama.

PS. Holly you will love this. Connor came up with a game similar to "bike tag". He called it Cat and Mouse and the game was for him to be swinging on the wood swing Scott has in their loft for the kids while Andrew and Colin were supposed to try and crawl under the swing, while in motion, to get away from the "cat". Of course on the first run of this game, Connor was the cat and in the swing while Colin was the first "mouse". Surprisingly, Colin got hit in the head with the wooden swing. Ahhh....now I know he has some of me in his little Doherty body. It makes a mommy proud.


1 comment:

Holly and Dan said...

He is definitely your child. I hope Colin won't have a lifelong scar like I do!!!