
So here we go.....late I know....and not at all close to when I got back from Kentucky but well, I can only do so much and after sending so many pictures to Holly and JoJuan, I was still in recovery until now. So let's go back in time....It's June and I have just returned from a VERY flu laden week at home. And so instead of by time, I am just going to least the memories as they come to me. Picture above, Colin telling everyone by the weiner roast ghost stories for about ten minutes...Reagan (not pictured above that it Bryce) being the best possible audience until he paused, tilted his head to the side, threw his hands in the air and said, "Well that's all I got."

Quite the mystery really but there are some that believe that it was the pond behind Kaya that was the germ culprit. Nobody knows for sure where the mystery illness came from but it did start the evening after our visit to the Park sooooooo you draw your own conclusions. As cute as this picture is, it was not worth the 5 day puke cost to my family.

Would it even be a visit to Papa's without the tractor ride? Connor and Colin would have to say no since they call dad, the Grandpa with the Tractor.

Unlike Connor, Colin was eager to see what he could do if he "opened" the tractor up. He aimed for a dead log and ran it over...delighting in the sound of it being flattened.

Kaya hung out with me and watched the older kids on the trampoline. This was after church and she hadn't started getting sick. So pretty.....

Connor on the trampoline. We really couldn't get the kids off of this. Red Ants, open springs, threat to life and limb, none were deterrants to the thrill of the trampoline.

I don't know if Colin is thrilled that he is being allowed on it with the big kids or if he is just having fun here. It is probably a mixture of both. Nate was wonderful and made sure that big or small, all the kids obeyed the rules and had fun.

OK....it's a Tobey moment here. Aeven loved Connor and Connor tolerated the adoration. This picture was my favorite of all the pictures I took. It is a perfect glimpse of Connor and Aeven as teenagers.

Colin and Isaac are playing Ben10 Alien Force. I believe they are going Humongousaur. I tell you I wouldn't want to face Colin or Isaac in a dark alley. Those two are fierce and determined. Poor Mary and me!

Ice cream out on the porch. We are only missing two kids in the picture, Violine and Samuel. One of those rare moments where all the kids were together and relatively happy. Once again
before the flu hit us.

This picture was JoJuan's idea and I Love it! She called it the "boys of summer". I wish you could get a closer at their faces...For these reasons alone, I will dare the flight and road trip to Kentucky. Change the faces and it could easily be Angie, Tonya, Holly, JoJuan, Amanda and me. And that crew brings me my most embarassing and funny childhood memories. How could I not want that for my own children?
2 comments:
Can I just say Connor is going to be a heart breaker when he grows up. He is so cute and that blonde hair is just beautiful. It looks so soft unlike Xander's bristles!
See, blogs can be fun and I love looking at them.
thanks so much,
Marsha
I agree with Marsha. Blogs CAN be fun (especially reading someone else's -- hee hee).
Thanks for all the KY pictures. They brought back great memories. I love Colin's story telling. It cracked me up and reminded me so much of you.
And oh, those summers filled with Toby worship. He was so the cutest guy in our family. Sigh.
Post a Comment