










A friend of mine from work, Karen, dragged me out to see the lights in Edaville MA which she said was amazing! She also promised fireworks and just to close the deal, mentioned that they were probably closing down and this would be the last year to see them. Normally I would jump all over this but it was a good two hour drive there and back and Brian wouldn't be able to come with me because he is almost out of days off already this year. (We were a bit Vacation Crazy this year!)
I am so glad I made the trip because the train ride was amazing! The lights were unbelievable (7,000,000 of them which puts even The Griswolds to shame) and the fireworks were worth waiting for! Seriously, there were probably my favorite fireworks ever. It was fifteen minutes of red, green and gold fireworks over a beautiful lake with kids oohing and ahhing all around you.
We even went to Santa's Village and got our Christmas wishes done. Karen's husband, Andy, played Star Wars with all the kids in the village (they had red and green glowing lightsabers for only $7.00 so every kid there had one) on this huge giant hill that kids were either rolling down or running around on. Even the merry go round was a hit with the boys because this was no 2010 safety merry go round but one from the old days that went 20 miles a minute. The older kids loved it!
It was a great night and for those that are close, you might want to take one more trip there to waltz down memory lane surrounded by a forest of lights and enjoy the impromptu carolling on your way out!
It was a great night and for those that are close, you might want to take one more trip there to waltz down memory lane surrounded by a forest of lights and enjoy the impromptu carolling on your way out!



2 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I hope that they continue it. If not, I'm glad you got there when you could.
I can't wait to hear the explanation on the HATS! Adorable & makes me curious!
Post a Comment