Friday, December 31, 2010

Tubing with Friends

I have driven by this tubing park at least twice a month since moving to MA and everytime, I think to myself, "OK that looks like so much fun!" Then finally I had a good reason to go. Paula, Connor and Colin's friend from South Africa has come to visit and we decided to do some tubing instead of watching Narnia. We had so much fun it was ridiculous! I was able to get Kaya to go down with me and Miss Jen once and then she decided that was enough, no matter how many times I asked or what I promised. Miss Jen had no luck either but Kaya ended up having a ton of fun on the "bunny hill" and soon there was a whole gang of little ones doing their own hill. It was pretty cute. Of course the rest of us went crazy and the boys went down around sixteen times and laughed all day. I forced Linh and Manty to go down and they became tubing fiends. Manty and I went down together spinning and we laughed so hard I had tears streaming from my eyes. Miss Jen was the only one to go down face first then promptly discouraged the rest of us from doing it...lots of snow in the face! Courtney was home from her college break so she joined us and gave Miss Jen and me more turns down the hill since someone had to stay with Kaya on her hill and so we ended up doing a rotation so we all got to get in our fair share of runs.

But I still have to say that as much fun as the day was.....it wasn't skiing at Alta!!!!! I really miss the mountains and promptly booked a ski week-end at Jay's Peak for some powder. I know it's not Alta but it is the best the East can offer and it will absolutely do!

















1 comment:

Holly and Dan said...

OH, Krista, I'm so jealous!! Looks like so much fun! I love those moments when you're laughing so hard you're crying.