Friday, December 3, 2010

Kaya and her "Frosty Prince"

First let me tell you a story about a certain girl say 32 years ago that came to first grade with a King Kong lunch box and throughout the year managed to convince all the girls in her class that a.) she was someday going to marry King Kong and b.) there was nothing at all strange with the fact that she wanted to marry a 60 foot gorilla.

Then maybe at the same time, her younger sister was in the bathroom during a "difficult" time on the toilet. (I really can't remember why she was having such a time in the bathroom so if those there would like to clarify please feel free). We were made aware of the situation due to the screaming of "Save me Pop Eye, Save me Pop Eye!" You see while one girl was in love with King Kong, her sister was in love with PoP Eye. (Must be those famous arms!!)

Now since I can't do it any better than Miss Jenn, let me copy what she sent me along with this picture she took today:

"I thought you might get a kick out of meeting your future son in law! I met him today and found him a little cold! Your daughter has made my Christmas season a very joyful one! See you on Monday...Miss Jenn"

Yes it's true...Kaya is in love with Frosty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

JoJuan said...

Like mother like daughter. I had completely forgotten your fascination with King Kong. Holly's love (in case anyone thinks it was me) is a little more infamous for some reason.
Kaya's adorable.

Holly and Dan said...

I totally remember your obsession with the big hairy one. King Kong and vampires. You were ahead of your time.

If I remember correctly, I was just daydreaming about my Popeye. I was his Olive Oyl and I seemed to spend a lot of time on the toilet, something that has not changed over the years. I guess I was bored and needed to daydream -- my daydreams alternated between Popeye and Shannon Carpenter, aye yi yi.