Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Grampie and Mrs. Di

Well Steve and Di made their way up North to deliver joy and Christmas presents for all! It is always the official kick off for the Christmas Season and we all look forward to it every year-especially the boys who have quickly figured out that Grampie goes nose to nose with Old Saint Nick in the best Christmas presents contest. This year though Kaya may have come to the realization all on her own. When she unwrapped her present below she said, "This is what I told Santa I wanted!" Words can not descripe the pure wonderment in her voice. As I said, nose to nose.

Meanwhile, Connor and Colin went right through their snow ball making slings and Star Wars Legos to the coveted Hess Trucks. If anyone has boys, you need to include this on the "must have's" list for Christmas. They are so well made and boys just love them. This year, the jets even changed their flight sounds based on the direction you were flying them. Super cool. Though I must say I overheard Connor and Colin planning their new snow ball making ability and how they were going to put it to use. Miss Jen and I are in trouble!!! What an ambush they have planned.....shouldn't they be taking on Brian????? I think they think they are going to be like Will Ferrell in "Elf". Oh their imaginations are running wild!

Grampie and Di took the kids on the walk where I believe that Kaya impressed them with her running in snow boots skill. (40 degrees outside and not a flake of snow but I have learned to just let her go with her own style i.e Sleeping Beauty nightgown) Kaya and Di got to do a little bonding and I got to see Di's wedding ring. If anyone thought that a new star appeared tonight, it's just her ring! :) Well....the season for us has started with family and laughter. I hope yours does too!


















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the warning of the snowball attack that I should expect from your boys! Now we just need snow and no worries... I will be prepared!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the great expression on Kayas face when she opened the PERFECT PRESENT! Good job Granddad!