Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas

It seems as if everyone everywhere else in the US has been hording all the snow in a very un-Christmas like stingy way. It was probably snowing in Florida along with Ohio, North Carolina and Utah. OK, OK....I give those in Utah a break. After all, you need all the snow you can get for all that great mountain skiing. Still, it really seemed as if everyone got snow but those of us in New England. And then this morning I get a 6 AM wake up call of, "Mom! Mom! You got to look outside! It's a Christmas Miracle!!" I put quotation marks around it for a reason because this is exactly what Colin and Kaya were screaming into my ear. Although, unlike those states unused to snow, school was not cancelled but I let the kids go outside to enjoy it for fifteen minutes before I had to drive them to school. I thought I was pretty cool.

Then I got home from work at around 3:30 after picking Connor up from 2nd grade and we helped get them all out for a little snow play. (The we is Miss Jen...highlighted in the pictures below...) Well, I couldn't find my gloves but Miss Jen had hers and a real snow ball fight ensued. Clearly Miss Jen was outnumbered but I think she held her own. The squeals of delight of kids attacking a grown up must have carried because soon Jimmy and Sarah were right there joining in the chaos. Miss Jen was as always a good sport and even taught Kaya how to throw a snowball just right to hit her victim, which just happened to be Miss Jen. Ah how the pupil becomes the Master. Now that is a cool babysitter! And really...what a fun way to kick off the winter season. By the third winter storm, we will all have become quite jaded but for now...it's a "Christmas Miracle!"







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Am so glad you guys finally got snow! What wonderful pictures.

JoJuan said...

Isn't the first snow so magical? And the fifth or sixth not so much? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Looks like Kaya finally stopped the whining episodes after I left. I had fun, though I am achy now. Thanks for not posting any embarrassing photos! Have a wonderful Christmas & enjoy the storms lining up to sock it to us!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Saumies!!!
Pics and music are great.
Just back from NC on Tuesday.
Had 8 inches of snow in the Triad.
Thank goodness our flight was not cancelled
like so many others.