Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Have a Holly Jolly Halloween





I think my kids will all remember this Halloween. Not for the loads of candy (which they certainly got enough of) or for the amazing haunted maze (which I am so very proud of) but for the triple holiday. It seemed to be the only way my kids could make sense of snow on Halloween and I thought I would share their reasoning as told by Kaya: "Mom, it's like we get the practical joke fool day, Christmas and Halloween on the same day!!!! How cool is that?" And it was pretty cool. There was an energy this year as we took the kids trick or treating, the parents waving and laughing as the kids with their costumes and snow boots made their way to yell "trick or treat"!! It was like we were all in on a great joke together and I will admit, the funnest time I have had trick or treating since I was a kids myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What character did Kaya end up as? She told me she would be a wedding bride. Did she mean Bride of Frankenstein? Or is this a Monster High girl?

In the Middle of it All said...

Draculora Monster High Girl....she of course wouldn't let me help her with the wig so she bascically looked like a vampire just out of the grave :)