Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Fun








Not sure how this happened but Fall has returned! Brian has spent all day mowing the lawn and blowing the leaves. (Our yard is looking quite spiffy!) It is now 65 degrees and there isn't a single piece of snow to be found. Who knows when it will snow again so the kids have been outside playing and hampering Brian's progress. Brian's been a great sport and even took time to create a huge leaf pile and would let the kids hide in it until he would "discover" them with the blower. They had a blast!!!! They even let me take a picture of them in the leaves with barely any complaint. Kaya is the child that has refused to really participate and if there is a camera near by she always looks away. Also, she has decided that a beautiful smile is one that doesn't show any teeth. It is not quite yet up to par with my "wonder woman" smile immortalized in my 2nd grade picture but it makes me laugh at her insistance and sigh because she has already started to grow out of the idea that she is perfect being just who she is.......I think I'll have to give her a kiss and remind her :) Have fun and enjoy the fall!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the kids in the leaves. I had many good times with them in the leaves these past 4 autumns. I miss that part. Kids look like they're having fun. Our yard (only 23 miles from you) is still half covered in snow! If you want some, come & get it!
Kaya is perfect no matter how she chooses to smile! At least she will smile! Handsome boys, though they could care less that I think so, right?

In the Middle of it All said...

Probably so....they aren't really into their looks. Well, maybe Connor isn't....speaking of looks, tomorrow is my first time taking them for their hair appointment. I hope it turns out just as good as when you took them!

Unknown said...

Oh Boy! Have fun! Joe is the owner of the salon & he usually jokes around with the kids. Tell him I say HI! And BTW, you'll do fine.

Sees-the-day said...

YES I just found your blog and get see your awesome kids on there. Miss you guys so much. Skye loved the photos of Kaya esp. and asked me Can we see Kaya tomorrow? sure LOVE you guys