Sunday, December 7, 2008

On the 6th Day of Christmas



Is that you Santa Clause?
This Saturday Steve came up for an early Christmas celebration. The kids were pretty excited and I hope with the idea of seeing Grampie instead of just being excited to get some presents early. The minute we got there the kids were all out the door ready to play and the grown ups were in the kitchen enjoying the laughter outside. Kaya had just woken up and was a little grumpy but my two future babysitters tried everything they could to get her happy. Brooke gaver Kaya one of her baby dolls and that did the trick. Below is Jaxi's idea for a pic: Scott and Sue have a pool and the boys were very curious and wanted to "touch" the ice. Here they are waiting for Scott to open the gate and let them explore. Just a side note: there was a bug swimming under the ice which everyone thought was cool--even the grown ups.We thought we could delay the opening of presents until after dinner but they were just all so excited and curious! So we caved in, but with one stipulation-a group picture. Anything for presents.



Here's Grampie playing Santa Clause. It gave me a flashback of my own childhood and Grandpa Roberts passing out the presents on Christmas Eve. Somethings are just universal and timeless.



I think Colin likes it!


I think two is when kids actually start understanding and enjoying Christmas. It's just in their faces.
The robert's tongue?
I guess sometimes you need some leverage to open it just right.

Connor has it down to a science!


And after the presents were all opened, the toys were quickly put to the test and fun ensued.






The Hess trucks are always a super hit! Today, Connor and Colin are still playing with theirs. They love them!
































































3 comments:

Holly and Dan said...

Yea for Christmas! How did you get all your shopping done on time? I must say, the bug under the ice is really fascinating to me, too. What kind was it?

In the Middle of it All said...

Who knows what kind of bug, crazy! I didn't have my best year for Christmas presents but it's hard to keep topping what I do every year. You know, I know. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so beautiful. And what is it about that Roberts' tongue!? I would think that it would eventually disappear, but my kids all have it too. It helps them concentrate more, at least that is what I am told.