Sunday, December 21, 2008
Ho! Ho! Ho! and Ha! Ha! Ha!
Well it is our third snow storm in seven days...perfect driving conditions for Santa's sleigh and reindeers! Church was cancelled and I had images of us all snuggled down watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate. All of this did happen but after the chocolate came the whine and the lack of physical outlet blues. At this point nothing sounds good to them and they are determined about the oddest things. For example, they wanted to go outside and watch the snow but they didn't want to put on pants or shoes. Hmmm....alright then I, at my wits end, wrap all three in blankets and throw them out on the deck. I must say it was quite a hit! Colin especially had a great time and couldn't stop giggling so I ran inside and got the camera. After I looked at them I sighed and wished this could have been my Christmas photo of 2008, minus the chocolate around their mouths of course.

Glancing over the the deck I saw what I thought would be a cute picture to show my family of the snow storm. After we all came back in, I went back outside to take a quick photo. I thought they were watching me from the family room window where I had left them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am so glad to see other children not wearing coats and shoes in cold weather. So it is not just my crazy kids? They have crazy cousins too! Kaya is gorgeous and looking so grown up and Colin looks like a doll baby in his pictures. What wonderful moments captured. So jealous of the snow.
I'm thinking next year's photo, already taken so no stress for Christmas 2009. Really cute pictures and some great memories. I love that your kids put hats on, because as we all have been told a thousand times, you lose 50% of your body heat through your head. So of course they weren't at all cold.
Post a Comment