Friday, October 31, 2008
A day with Miss Jenn
I take Connor, Colin and Kaya on adventure walks all the time. We stop and look at trees and try and see if they remind us of things...today we found a stump that looked like it had angel wings on it, very cool. But a day with Miss Jenn is a day learning how to survive an adventure walk. First they brought with them water, I guess in case they were out for more than the hour they were or got lost somehow, and Connor brought a backpack filled with spare clothes and other necessaties...ie, toys and books. But to make it a typical day with Miss Jenn they build a lean-to. It was beautiful and Connor pleaded with us to have a sleep over in it. This is of course the second part to their outdoor play since last week they built a bridge to walk over the swampy part behind our yard. Of course she's there for me too, since I brought my adventure necessity, my camera, and helped me take pictures. At first this went really well......
But then Colin started to mimic Miss Jenn. Now I believe her when she says that she was doing rabbit ears behind me...but that's not exactly Colin's impression. Could this look any more like Elaine on Seinfield doing her devil impression?
Then Kaya joins in and hers looks even less like rabbit ears. It must be like the telephone game, where each one gets further and further from the original message.
But the old tried and true way to get kids to sit still for a picture...candy. I love the way Connor and Colin have this silent communication. Only what are they communicating exactly? Maybe I should be worried? One, two, three...let's go kick mommy in the knee? Or more likely, you distract Miss Jenn and I'll run off with the candy. At least that is what I would have been planning at their age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh I love these pictures! I wish we had a forest to go on adventure walks in. Sigh. I love the "silent" communications between the boys and I so love Kaya's outfit, or should I say my future daughter's outfit, hee hee.
Nice try...but we'll see. It's so 70s isn't it?
Post a Comment