Sunday, October 19, 2008

A New England Fall Day

In a desperate attempt to get the kids to Church, I promised to rake the yard and make leaf piles for the kids to jump in today. This was a great compromise from their original request at 7 o'clock AM. As Colin put it, first we have hot chocolate, then we eat breakfast and then we go out and jump in the leaf pile. Yoah there big boy, it is getting cold! So instead, after a long hard negotiation, it was agreed that we would do it after Church. Connor and Colin have the internal temperature of a hundred and three. They run barefoot, and yes with no pants, in the snow during the winter so 50 degrees is just a cool summer day. But they had a blast until Brian came out and asked why they weren't wearing jackets then forced them in to put on warmer clothes. (By the way, he was doing this while wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts....) I was pleased because it helped me get a cute shot of all three in the leaves together. It was a wonderful family fall day, the kind you curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and remember--inside with the heater on :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. Your boys have such beautiful hair! And I am so glad to see you have some bare footed kids in the cold too. Ethan & Savannah will walk outside without shoes all the time. There will be frost on the grass and they are like "Oh, my. There is crunchy stuff on the ground." I have already enjoyed the homemade Roberts cocoa twice this month. MMMMM!

Holly and Dan said...

Oh, I love the smell of leaves on a cold autumn day. Do you remember us jumping in leaves as kids? I don't think we had a rake until we moved to KY but that tree by the road made the best leaves for a good pile.

BTW, I made hot cocoa for my kids for the first time this week and they hated it. I almost cried.