Sunday, October 31, 2010

Apple Picking with Thomas





















Every year Sue and I get together at least once so that Connor and Thomas can catch up from their Puddle Duck Days. This year Sue called me and asked if I wanted to take the kids apple picking up in Amesbury. Yes, I had a deck to seal and plenty of house work to finish so of course I jumped at the chance! It is so funny to me how it seems that Connor and Thomas go right back to being best friends as though they haven't spent any time apart. This may seem a bit odd to say but his early childhood friends truly seem to be like brothers to him and the love they have for each other is almost tangible. There is no awkward moments but instant hugs and laughter. Instead of people always writing about how day care kids are shorted, I wish they could spend some time with Connor and Thomas because it gave them a friend for life. And off the soap box I go! Along with apple picking (really apple eating!), we went through the corn maze which quickly was followed by a mud slide (it must have rained the day before and the ground was not speed run ready) and ended with a hayride and apple cider. It was simply one of those perfect fall days that New England is so famous for.









1 comment:

JoJuan said...

Jaden said,
That looked like so much fun! I wish I was there.