Tuesday, September 2, 2008
First Day of School
Well today was the big day, the first day of Kindergarden. So sad for me but I held it together. Unlike the woman three children ahead of us in line, who was crying so hard her daughter was comforting her. I'm a little sad still but Connor was just so excited that I had to be excited with him.
Then he got to the playground and was getting nervous with all the kids milling around him. He really wasn't expecting such a large group. There are four different classes so that is around 60 kids.
Here he is standing in line by himself and following his teacher to the classroom. He was focusing so hard on being tough.
He had a great time though, of course. When I asked him if he made any friends he just looked at me and pointed out, "it's just the first day Mom." Sigh.
And finally, the walk home from the bus stop. His only complaint? He didn't get a snack at school. We'll be going out later for ice cream to celebrate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
He looks so grown up. Ethan starts kindergarten next year. I can't wait! Is that awful? It has been a long time since I have only had one in the house. Ruby and I will be 2 girls out on the town.
It's hard, but I love how it he took it like a man. How did the other kids do without him around?
Ah, so cute. He looks so stoic. Congrats on getting through the day!
Hi,
It's me, your sister from Taiwan.
Post a Comment